LARC Picnic - Saturday, March 25th

Wayne Miles, KG4TCJ kg4tcj at VillageCircle.com
Fri Mar 17 07:54:53 PST 2006

Spring is in the air!

We will be having the first picnic of 2006 on Saturday, March 25th
at the park on Lake Parker. (Our normal location) Just look for the
LARC Banner on the picnic shelter.

Times: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (Lunch at noon)

LARC will provide the main course of burgers, hotdogs and a little
extra...

We would like to ask members to bring a covered dish with you.
Salads, baked beans, chips, deserts and drinks would be great!

We will have someone monitoring the repeater if you would like to
call in on the way to see if we need anything at the llast minute -
or if you just want to announce your arrival or need directions...

Everyone is welcome - bring a friend too!

Radios are Welcome!!!

The theme of this event will be "Emergency Radios"

We would like members to bring their battery operated radios to this
event. If you have a "Go Kit" or special set up for "Emergency
Communications" - please bring that so we can test it and show
others...

Hams always get good ideas from seeing what other people do, so this
would be a great time to show off your stuff...

Also, we may have a reporter from the Ledger at this event who will
document LARC's efforts in providing "Emergency Communications" so
we want to be able to show them something cool! When they print the
story, we may get some new members as a result.

We will offer a 50-50 drawing and the money will go back to the club
to cover the cost of the food.

Volenteers are needed to help out with the following:

We need a cook!
We need a grill to cook on. (Mine is too small)
We need lots of people to come and have fun!

Let's all make this event a big one and I hope everyone brings lots
of radios to show off. Bring the manuals as well so others can read
up on them...

Remember the date - Sat, Mar 25th - Lots of food - radios - and fun!

See you there!

- Wayne, KG4TCJ
LARC President