[LakelandARC] Good news

George Gafford Sr ki4nbe at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 08:37:18 PST 2007

Better luck next time, and Next time you'll both get it.
  73 Geoerge KI4NBE

"Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH / WQFK-894" <kd4efm at kd4efm.org> wrote:
          Like to also add, Evans Mitchell, and son, Kenny (8 years old) went Sunday
take the General, and Tech tests, I did not make it, however my son, at 8 yo
took it from scratch diddly, first try he got 11 right, the second time he
got
15 correct. I on the other hand missed it by 3 on two tries. BUMMER.

For an 8 year old to go in cold footed and pass 1/4 of the questions and
only
studied the QRZ site for two tests, that's motivation on him to get the next
testing session.... I have to commend my son for his efforts, IF he passed
the test and got his ticket, I would have lost out simple because I would
have to buy him his own radio. February's Orlando Hamcation is next on deck
for him to study up on it.... Dee Turner was on hand to see this, and was
amazed to have an 8 year old come in and test.... as where the VE's....

SO, before the end of 2008, we may very well have our first Polk County
youth HAM! Any way, hope you all have a nice XMAS party tonight, I will
not be able to make it, but I did see we gain another EXTRA Class Sunday
also!!

73
Evans Mitchell