Sky Warn Classes Feb 7th.

George gwmann at verizon.net
Mon Dec 3 11:40:40 PST 2007

A Polk County SkyWarn class has been scheduled for Thursday, February 7th at the FAA Production Studio' 4425 Sun 'n Fun Drive'
Lakeland Florida 33811

My handle is Don, KI4EFL and I am the point of contact (POC) for this program.  I monitor the VERNA  NI4CE  2 meter repeater on most evenings.

Information on the studio location can be found at  www.productionstudios.com

Nick Petro from the NWS office will provide instruction  for the regular and advanced SkyWarn certificates.

Nick will also cover the CoCoRah rain reporting program will discuss registration. rain gage placements and reporting procedures.

I expect to also have calibrating proceedures and free calibration tables available for calibrating of the Davis Vantage pro 2 rain gage (these units seem to be notoriously for under registration data).
The procedure uses the center section of the  CoCoRah rain gage as a measuring graduate and calibnration  table that I have generated that provides Rain Catch Area correction factors.

This table can be adapted to other systems. Just need the Exact cross sectional rain catch area of your gage.

We also presently have an on site, an on line Peet Bros weather station that that you may view and a technician to answer your questions.

Tours of the FAA studio facility will be available upon request and subject to the availabity of guides.

And lastly.. If you are beyond driving distance, or unable to get to the studio, this entire SkyWarn program will be broadcast live via internet streaming at the FAA studio website. Details to follow.

Thank you Kindly..

73s Don Jeerings   KI4EFL

                               Djeerings at tampabay.rr.com

73 de Hamshooter