March for Babies + APRS

KI4OFU - Mike Oliver ki4ofu at arrl.net
Wed Apr 23 18:59:57 PDT 2008

Hey folks,

If you have time and the ability to join us on Saturday morning for
the annual March of Dimes "March for Babies" then I urge you to come
out and operate with us.  We will have a live APRS tracking station at
the tail end so that we can track the status of the walkers and their
position in near-real-time.  This will be a direct transmission of
APRS data over a non-standard frequency, with a moderately high rate
of position updates, received by a 2m station at March Control and
plotted on a laptop PC.  Come on out and see it in action, it will be
great to see you there!

Thanks & 73!

Mike, KI4OFU