FW: [WCFARES] Fw: Request for hams for deployment.

Evans F. Mitchell; KD4EFM / AFA2TH / WQFK 894 kd4efm at polkemcomm.org
Fri Aug 22 19:44:05 PDT 2008

Greetings all, I know this is a little late getting this out tonight but
needed to post this so you know what is going on.

I will advise in the morning when I get up around 6 or so to review
the emails and what not. I have Dstar contact with Paul KJ4G, at any time
to obtain any additional info if needed, BUT, in response to this email,
I am sending a reply that Polk ARES is still on stand by here till the storm
has been declared over...

Please email ec at polkemcomm.org and info at polkemcomm.org IF you have
availability
to travel as a ARESMAT to the north Florida section for assistance. I will
contact Neil and Dee of our section staff to let them know, this could be
a WCF SECTION ARES Mutual Aid Team of several members, but never less,
please
do not go on your own accord. You will be turned away without proper
paperwork
in hand.

Reminder, Polk ARES is still in an activated mode, but on a standby stance.
This is Condition Level ONE, ARES STAFF is Condition Level BLUE.
The State of Florida is still under a State Of Emergency, as I have not
seen anything to release that as of yet, nor has Polk County going into a
Stand Down Mode yet. I will advise all Polk HAMS when this does happen.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Evans Mitchell
KD4EFM
Polk ARES EC
Polk County, ARRL West Central Florida Section