Fwd: Re: contacts in lakeland

KI4OFU - Mike Oliver ki4ofu at arrl.net
Tue Feb 19 10:34:38 PST 2008

Folks, for those of you who aren't tied up on Thursday evenings and are
interested in ARES, please see the below email.

Thanks and 73!
Mike, KI4OFU

----- Forwarded message from Dick <w4dix at tampabay.rr.com> -----

Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:35:49 -0500
From: Dick <w4dix at tampabay.rr.com>
To: KI4OFU - Mike Oliver <ki4ofu at arrl.net>
Cc: Evans <kd4efm at kd4efm.org>, Loren <mathewsl at flash.net>,
	Steve Jax <kd4got at yahoo.com>,
	Laura Pennington <lpennington at tampabay.rr.com>,
	Paul Womble <paulwomble at polkfl.com>, Pat Woods <patwoods at flash.net>
Subject: Re: contacts in lakeland

Hi Mike
Thanks for getting back to me. I hear you on NI4CE and hope to see you in person some day. Please pass on
to your group a special invitation to attend the ARES meeting on February 28 held at the EOC @ 1830 hours.
We will be discussing and have a hands on demonstration of shelter kits . We will also at that time ask
how many people may want a shelter training class put on by the Red Cross.We were very lucky last year
with out a major incident. But we all need to prepare for this season. This is why all the Polk Co.hams
should get to know each other. We never know where in the county a disaster could strike. So lets get to
know each other before something occurs.  As you know Evans is our new EC and he is off to a great start.
Mike if you could tell our members a little about your club and information on you nets it would be
helpful.  Hope to see you all soon.
Dick
W4DIX
73's

--
Mike Oliver, KI4OFU
[see complete headers for contact information]