MS150 Information

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH / WQFK-894 kd4efm at kd4efm.org
Thu Feb 21 22:33:23 PST 2008

Attached to this email are two MS150 updates for April's bike race.
If you are not able to open them, please email directly and I will
send it to you in text format.

(K4BYF, please forward to Lake Wales Radio Assoc. members)

Dear Local Area Amateur Operators,
In working with Polk County ARES, and MID FLA MS150 Communications,
I invite you all to take a minute to read the two emails I have enclosed.
First email give details of what is to come and what will take place.
In the second email from Paul Toth, there is a need for drivers
but most of all CO-PILOTS to work with the SAG trucks and Supply
trucks.
Those that can spend Saturday and Sunday riding shotgun with the
supply trucks, and have UHF portable gear (mobile, mag mount and UHF ant.)
this would be the easiest event you could ever work!
Those who are able to lift and carry supplies and drive a Penske Box Truck,
and have mobile gear, your help is greatly needed.
Most of all, having good knowledge of East Polk County would also be great.

Now, those of you who reside in the Poinciana area, there is also a need
for communicators there as well. The emails give light to what was
brought forward during the planning committee's conference call Thursday,
if you can take even one day to assist with this event, please be sure
to mark on your calendars, March 27th at 6:30 pm, to attend the PRE-RACE
briefing that will be taking place at the Polk ARES Monthly meeting,
which is held at the Polk County EOC. There will also be some information
for those who are awaiting your ARES ID's, more on this later.

Again, please take a moment to read the two emails I am forwarding, sign-up
and registration information can be done at the ARES meeting or by
contacting
Jason, KD4ACG at <jasonacg at citicom.com>

Maps will be posted to www.polkemcomm.org as soon as they are available,
as well as the MS150 email reflector file section.

Riding shotgun could not be any more fun then this!

*** UHF mobiles will be needed, and if you have portable APRS gear, bring
that along also.

D* note: Those with D-Star radio's will also be able to D-PRS your positions
through the KJ4ACN D-Star System via KJ4ACN port B 441.975, if you have
any questions, please contact me directly for setting up your radio.

Evans Mitchell
KD4EFM
Polk County ARES E.C.