FW: [midflms150] bikeMS Meeting

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH / WQFK-894 kd4efm at kd4efm.org
Fri Mar 28 10:08:01 PDT 2008

  _____

From: midflms150 at yahoogroups.com [mailto:midflms150 at yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jason D. Triolo
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 8:52 AM
To: midflms150 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [midflms150] bikeMS Meeting

Thanks to Evans and the rest of the Polk ARES folks for having me at your
meeting last night to cover this year's event. I appreciate the support
that you've provided to the event each year.

We added a few volunteers to the roster, but there are still many
positions open. One of my top priorities, is to fill the Greenway Ford
units. There are still five pickups still looking for a driver. Again,
we'd prefer the driver to also be a ham. Aside from the occasional bike,
there is no heavy lifting required (and the bike's owner will be doing
most of that work). Please contact me as soon as possible if you are able
to help.

Next are the mobile and/or SAG units driven by people in their own
vehicles. SAG vehicles should be available for the entire course, but
mobiles can take only a portion of the course if preferred.

As promised in the ARES meeting, maps should be ready by this weekend.
Also, if anyone wants a copy of the PowerPoint presentation that I used
last night, let me know. If there's enough interest, I'll just post it to
the group.

Just as we did last year, we are going to plan another pre-event net. We
still have to coordinate day and time between N4HHA and NI4CE, but once
the details are finalized, we'll announce that here.

More later.

73 de Jason, KD4ACG