“CQ Kids Day.”

George Gafford Sr. ki4nbe at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 04:06:31 PDT 2008

I remeber at this months LARC meeting that during feild day we can
get extra points for having minors under the age of 18 coming out to
feild day.

Well I was looking over the ARRL website and came across this:

ARRL Kids Day

Purpose: Kids Day is an on-air event to encourage young people
(licensed or not) to have fun with Amateur Radio. It is designed to
give on-the-air experience to youngsters and hopefully foster
interest in getting a license of their own. It is also intended to
give older hams a chance to share their station and love for Amateur
Radio with their children.

Dates:Saturday, June 21, 2008, 1800z – 2400z. Operate as much or as
little as you like.

Suggested exchange: Name, age, location and favorite color. Be sure
to work the same station again if an operator has changed. To draw
attention, call "CQ Kids Day."

Suggested Frequencies: 28.350 to 28400 MHz, 24.960 to 24.980 MHz,
21.360 to 21.400 MHz, 18.140 to 18.145 MHz, 14.270 to 14.300 MHz,
7.270 to 7.290 MHz, 3.740 to 3.940 MHz, as well as your favorite 2-
meter repeater (with permission of the repeater's sponsor). Be sure
to observe third-party restrictions when making DX QSOs.

Now seeing this can be done on 2 meter repeater too (with permission
of the repeater's sponsor ("Trustee")
I was thinking of the date being June 21st (One week before Feild
Day) that if the local kids liked it on the repeater they may even
like it better during field day making contacts around the country if
not some DX as well.

This may help boost and get a head start on feild day points.

73 George KI4NBE