Willis Island DXpedition

ern\ \ friendlyjinx at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 17:45:20 PDT 2008

      ello DXers:

  Here is an announcement worthy of a SPECIAL BULLETIN, especially in view of the deadline of SEPTEMBER 15th.
  As we try harder to attract youth to Amateur Radio and DXing too, we need to take every opportunity to give them the chance to do something special.  Here is a good one...........

  "Young DXpeditioners on Willis Island
  ************************************

  The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition to Willis Island in October this year. One young ham from 6th October till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th October.

  You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur radio license in your country, you have some experience in working pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29.

  For qualification you have to send an email to contact at vk9dwx.de which must include an essay of 500 words minimum (in English) describing how you got started in ham radio, who your Elmer was and why you should be selected for this DXpedition opportunity. Please include also you full name, callsign and home address.

  The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except your flight from your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

  Send us your application now to contact at vk9dwx.de. We will recieve applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.

  (The following was edited for clarity)
  We would be delighted if DXers would bring it to the attention of their clubs and fellow DXers."

  73,
  Carl, N4AA

  Replies go to all list members! Be sure to address your reply correctly
if you want your reply to be PRIVATE.

Visit the club's website: http://www.dbara.org

  Visit Your Group
      Yahoo! Groups