Solar Cycle 23 Sunspot Group Re-emerges

nz4o at tampabay.rr.com nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 06:58:44 PDT 2009

Posted Thursday April 30, 2009 at http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm and
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf72.htm .

On Thursday solar cycle 23 sunspot group S740 re-emerged near S08W64. Today
NOAA/SWPC assigned it #10116. Solar cycle 23 is now 13 years long from first
spot to present one, an extension of the already record long solar cycle!!!

Besides space plasma physics I also have education in paleoclimatology,
meteorology and oceanography. Having said that I am becoming seriously
concerned that we are really headed for a second "Dalton Minimum" and it's
attendant global cooling for a period of 20-30 years.

Another "Dalton Minimum" will put quite a strain on resources such as food
and petroleum.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
eList Owner/Moderator

LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector: