Amateur Radio Special Event Commemorating the establishment of the Naval Security Group in 1935

Joe Pirkle ad4ih at arrl.net
Sat Jan 24 15:19:25 PST 2009

LARC Members:

The USS Midway will be moth-balled this year.  This might be your last
chance for a QSL card from her.  I had a direct support  team aboard her in
the Gulf of Tonkin in 1973.  My daughter just transferred from her after a
year and half deployment. Mark your calendar!

 Mar 21, 1600Z-2359Z, San Diego, CA. USS Midway (CV 41) Museum Radio Room,
NI6IW.

 Commemorating the establishment of Naval Security Group in 1935, and Navy
SEABEES in 1942.

 SSB    14.320, 7.250

 CW     14.060, 7.055

 PSK-31  7.070-7.080

 RTTY   14.080, 7.080

2m/70cm SOCAL rep WIN.

 QSL. USS Midway (CV 41) Museum Radio Room, 910 Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA
92101. af6ha at yahoo.com

 73  -

Joe Pirkle, CTTC, USN (Retired)

NavSecGruReserve Unit 6-6
NCTC Imperial Beach '59
Goodfellow AFB '60
NSGA Kami Seya/NSGA Sakata/NSGA Kami Seya '60-63
NSGA Guam '63-'65
NCTC Corry Station '65-'68
NSGA Sabana Seca '68-'71
NSGA Hanza/Various Surface Units DIRSUP '71-'74
NSGA Fort Meade '74-'79
Retired May 31, 1979