[LakelandARC] NEED DIRECTIONS TO THE COUNTY EOC AND TO THE BEEF O'BRADYS CLOSEST TO IT

Neil Lauritsen w4nhl.1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:18:49 PDT 2009

Thanks Laura,

Your  info was the best I had received and helped me to correct an error I had made and had sent out to everyone.
See you tomorrow.

73,

Neil
W4NHL

  Hello Neil and LARC members,

  The Polk EOC is located inside the Bartow Airbase, at the intersection of US17 and Spirit Lake Road. The street address isn't available, but here is a link to a map; you can input your starting location for complete directions:

  http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Bartow&state=FL&address=Spirit+Lake+Road+%26+Us+17

  Enter the Airbase; at the first intersection, look ahead and to your left.you will see a red and white radio tower on the far side of the closest building. Go around the building in either direction; the EOC door is at the base of the tower.

  There are two Beef O'Bradys nearby, each is about 5 miles away.one in Bartow, and one in Winter Haven. I would suggest the Bartow location, as it is slightly more central in the county (and on the way from the coast). The address is 120 E Van Fleet Dr., Bartow, FL. The phone is 863-534-3111. Here's a map:

  http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Beef'o'brady's&city=Bartow&state=FL&address=120+E+Van+Fleet+Dr&zipcode=33830&country=US&latitude=27.904104&longitude=-81.843025&geocode=ADDRESS&id=22331915

  And a map from the Beef's to the Airbase:

  http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-zDkkJTqcOAqm

  Everyone is "Cordially Invited!"

  Laura

  NO4OO