New Solar Cycle 24 Sunspot Group

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at verizon.net
Mon Jun 22 08:31:43 PDT 2009

Sorry gals and guys I made another mental error by leaving out the following sentence in " " out of my previous post.

"We have seen four solar cycle 24 sunspot groups this month and six in the past 30 days." It appears that solar cycle 24 has finally come alive.

Posted Monday June 22, 2009 at http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm and http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf72.htm

Today a new solar cycle 24 sunspot group emerged in the SW quadrant of the Sun near S22E41. Later today NOAA/SWPC should assign it #11023, with a beta magnetic signature.

It appears that solar cycle 24 has finally come alive.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at arrl.net