Invest 93L, Possibly our first storm of the 09' season!

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM kd4efm1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 27 07:19:10 PDT 2009

Good morning one and all,

Not to kick in the GET READY alarm, but I along with
several other people, have been mauling over storm 93L
for some sort of before action preparedness.

(one of 15 sites I frequent the most)
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

Some if not all of the usual blog sites have mixed thoughts
on what this storm is going to do once it passes the
Yucatan Peninsula. Right now, Hurricane Hunter Aircraft
are slatted to go visit this storm on Sunday. NHC is calling
a possible path towards Florida when it makes a motional turn
towards the East North East around Wednesday, with a week
long track to July 5 with it estimated to be near the
Florida Gulf Coast Line within 100 miles of the Tampa Bay
Area.

*LET ME STATE, this is 12 days out and NO "CONE OF PROBABILITIES"
has been established, again, NO STRIKE ZONES ARE BEING CALLED AT
THIS TIME. THINGS CHANGE AND PROBABLY WILL CHANGE EACH DAY.

ALL INTERESTS FROM TEXAS TO THE FLA KEYS NEEDS TO MONITOR THIS
SYSTEM! If it does take a turn towards the East, then obviously
Florida is going to be the grounds for action.

Once this storm enters into the Gulf, the chances of it ramping
up are good (60 percent chance of it becoming TS ANA) which
means ANA will be the first NAMED STORM of the season.
**THAT IS IF IT SURVIVES THE YUCATAN AREA!**

SO, with this in mind, I ask everyone to enjoy their July 4th weekend
as I will be in North Carolina on Vacation for the weekend and
returning July 6th, and hopefully I will not be coming into
a weak Cat 1 or Heavy TS ANA....

Chow for now, but keep your ears open for further developments.

NOTES for Amateur Radio Operators:

VOIP-WX NET: Rob will be posting anything that comes up on his end.
So be watching the VOIP-WX reflector for his reports.
http://www.voipwx.net

SE-WX NET: Watch for postings from Ed or John, and I believe Rob KD1CY,
is also on the D-Star Wx Group also.
http://www.dstarinfo.com

POLK ARES: Look for reports from the EOC to hit the reflector when
they start issuing anything from there.
http://www.polkemcomm.org

Evans F. Mitchell
KD4EFM / AFA4TH FL / WQFK-894