More Late Season Cold Weather In Florida

nz4o at tampabay.rr.com nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 3 07:24:07 PST 2009

....On Tuesday morning March 03, 2009 another late season cold wave occurred in Florida. The subfreezing line extended southward into the inland rural south peninsula down to approximately the Alligator Alley.  The temperature dropped as low as 24 deg. at Sandborn in the north, 25 deg. at Nobleton East on the west central peninsula and 30 deg. at Panther West on the SW peninsula.

At my location on the south side of Lakeland on the west central peninsula I had a minimum temperature of 30 deg. with frost, a new record low for the date.....

On Sunday March 01, 2009 snow also fell in north Florida from Jackson to Gadsden Counties NW of Tallahassee.....

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at tampabay.rr.com