Let's have fun

kg4yni kg4yni at gate.net
Sat Mar 7 02:11:58 PST 2009

Now is the time for all good volunteers to come to the aid of their clubs activity.

Chief Boatner of the Lakeland Police Dept. has personally requested our help for their Open House event on Saturday, March 21st. First let me say that this department as well as others within the city has done a lot to help our club. They have never asked us for anything that wasn't beneficial for all concerned.

We will need to have the EOC operational and  a portable station set-up in the parking lot. This can be more fun than work with enough hands sharing the task. At this time I am unsure of the hours for this event but will find out soon. They are expecting 1500-2000 guests.

This is also the day for exams at 0900 where I will be along with Jim AI4LE and Mike KT2T. I will help out with setting up before that begins as well as afterwards. Please give this request serious consideration and reply with your intentions here.

I believe that this is a good work and that we will do well if all who are able will pitch in and help.

Thanks & 73 to all, Ernie,KG4YNI