LARC Radio Net 3/19/2009 7:00pm

George Gafford Sr. ki4nbe at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 22:40:34 PDT 2009

The following is the stations that check in:

KG4YNI Ernest Haynes Lakeland, FL

KI4ZMV Bill Johnson Lakeland, FL

NZ4O Tom Giella Lakeland, FL

KJ4IAI Bill Glick Lakeland, FL

KJ4DSQ Roger Land Lakeland, FL

KT2T Mike Oliver Lakeland, FL

WD4AND Mike DeChambeau Winter Haven, FL

KI4CDZ Marvin Johnson Lakeland, FL

K4DF Bill Hunsicker Lakeland, FL

AF1RE Robin Retzloff Lakeland, FL

KJ4FAE Steve Asay Lakeland, FL

KJ4FIR Dan Brooks Zephyrhills, FL

WZ1P Dan Gagnon  Lakeland, FL

AB4JM Jim Murray  Polk City, FL

N7SD Ernest Wachter Lakeland, FL

KI4MOX Allen Lewis Winter Haven, FL

NOTE: VE Testing will be held this Saturday morning at 9:am at:
Lakeland Christian Church
901 W Beacon Rd
Lakeland, FL 33803
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Lakeland+Christian+Church&city=Lakeland&state=FL&address=901+W+Beacon+Rd&zipcode=33803&country=US&latitude=28.018612&longitude=-81.968247&geocode=ADDRESS&id=4642332

Local Event:LPD Open House Saturday, March 21 2009
It's time once again for our annual Open House event, a chance for the public to visit your police department and tour behind the scenes at the police station. The Open House includes tours of the station and a display of our special operations equipment - a favorite of most visitors!

In addition to the ever popular helicopter, rescue vehicle, and SWAT equipment, we will be unveiling for the first time a new Mobile Operations Center, too.

The event will be Saturday, March 21, 2009, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the police station located at 219 N. Massachusetts Ave.

Our theme this year is gun safety. We urge everyone, particularly families with young children, to come visit and learn how you can keep firearms safely in your homes.

Admission is free and refreshments will be served.