FW: [bikeMS] Update

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM kd4efm1 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 22 12:06:25 PDT 2009

Evans F. Mitchell
KD4EFM / AFA4TH FL / WQFK-894

 Fla. D-Star Tech Support Group
 http://www.florida-dstar.info <http://www.florida-dstar.info/>

Polk ARES A.E.C.
http://www.polkemcomm.org <http://www.polkemcomm.org/>

  _____

From: bikems-central-florida at googlegroups.com
[mailto:bikems-central-florida at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul
Toth-NA4AR
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 11:41 AM
To: BikeMS
Subject: [bikeMS] Update

We are getting closer to this year's Bike MS:The Citrus Ride event.  At last
count, registration is running even with last year's count with a couple
additional weeks of sign-up available.  The BikeMS Committee is putting a
big push on Biker Registration in the coming week in an effort to surpass
last year's participant count and, of course, donations to fight MS.

Evans Mitchell-KD4EFM is hosting a BikeMS meeting this coming Thursday
evening at the old Bartow Air Base between Winter Haven and Bartow.  The
meeting begins at 6:30 PM.  I will have the latest information for attendees
on the event at that time.

I will also be plugging in volunteers into the Assignment Sheet in the next
couple weeks.  We can then take a look at where we need any assignments
filled.

Paul Wonble at Polk County Emergency Management will be checking out the BOK
Tower site this week for the Mobile Command Vehicle which Polk Co. EM is,
once again, allowing us to use for Net Control operations.  I have also been
told that some improvements with the 444.950 repeater will allow a smoother,
more responsive Echolink tie with the 443.100 repeater in Kissimmee during
the event.

We will also have three radio-equipped Hams on bicycles during this year's
event.  Jason-KD4ACG, Dana-K4LK and Greg-NU4R will be Bicycle Mobile and
reporting in from time to time.

More to come....

73 de Paul-NA4AR

"bikeMS Central Florida" group.