FW: [bikeMS] Comms Roster - rev 05.03.2009

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM kd4efm1 at verizon.net
Sun May 3 14:59:21 PDT 2009

Updated roster

Evans F. Mitchell
KD4EFM / AFA4TH FL / WQFK-894

 Fla. D-Star Tech Support Group
 http://www.florida-dstar.info <http://www.florida-dstar.info/>

Polk ARES A.E.C.
http://www.polkemcomm.org <http://www.polkemcomm.org/>

  _____

From: bikems-central-florida at googlegroups.com
[mailto:bikems-central-florida at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul
Toth-NA4AR
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2009 4:52 PM
To: BikeMS
Subject: [bikeMS] Comms Roster - rev 05.03.2009

Attached is the latest revision to the Comms Roster for the 2009 bikeMS: The
Citrus Tour event.  Please note your assignment and the information that I
currently have for you.  If a cell phone number is not listed for you,
please forward this information to me if you would like the number
published.

I am expecting a determination and final decision on the location of Rest
Stop 6/1 in Osceola County tomorrow.  Once that has been finalized, the
latest revision of the Route Map and Cue Sheets will also be published.

Rest Stop 2/5 in Polk County has been finalized.  It will be located at "The
Barn". an antique dealership and citrus processing business located on S.
Central Avenue just South of Cox Road in Alturas.

A lot of emphasis was placed on recruiting Bicycle Teams for this year's
event.  This means there may be large groupings of riders along the route
and, as you might expect, large groups of riders will hit the Rest Stops,
Lunch Stop in Dundee and also show up at major intersections.  All SAG
drivers should exercise extra caution when approaching large groups of
riders as they may be riding several abreast.

The riders will be released from BOK Tower on Saturday and the Caribe Royale
Resort Sunday in several flights.  The first flight each morning will
include the top fund raisers for this year's event.  The second way will
include the top fund-raising teams followed by one or more flights of the
remaining riders.   All riders in a given TEAM will be released at the same
time (50 mi, 75 mi and Century).  Rest Stop 4 in Dundee will likely see some
riders very early Saturday morning.

We will be working closely with Polk Co. deputies and Orange Co. deputies to
make the release of the riders each morning as smooth and safe as possible
and with as little disruption as possible to vehicular traffic as possible.
On Saturday morning, we will need ALL SAG and GREENWAY units at BOK Tower by
6:15 AM for release onto the route by 6:45 AM.  Several SAG operators will
be positioned along the roadway leading from the Starting Line to help
control the release of the riders.  All SAGs and GREENWAY operators will
also need to be ready to roll Sunday morning by 6:45 AM unless instructed to
remain at the Caribe Royale by the Command Post or Director.

As the riders approach the Finish Line Saturday, we will be positioning
operators along Poinciana Boulevard to monitor rider progress.  KJ4BET and
KD4MRL will be working as a team to give the Orange Co. deputies a heads-up
on riders approaching the major intersection of CTH 535 & CTH 536 near the
Finish Line.

If you have a handheld, portable radio, please program the Net frequencies
(444.95 [+] 127.3, 443.100 [+] 103.5) and our Traffic Control simplex
frequency (445.950) into the H/T and bring it with you.

Finally, there will be a Coordination Net at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 15th on
the NI4CE system.  For those in the Orlando area, we are asking Mike-N4HHA
to link the 443.100 repeater to NI4CE for that Net.

On behalf of the MS Staff and all the people this bicycle event benefits,
thank you for volunteering and participating.

73 de Paul-NA4AR
bikeMS Event Communications Coordinator

"bikeMS Central Florida" group.