Very Heavy Rain Event

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at verizon.net
Fri May 15 06:21:47 PDT 2009

Hi Dan I hope that you enjoyed the hurricane conference.

I have a late severe weather report for you.

5.7 miles south of Lakeland POL-10A

Rainfall- 4.27" between 6:13-11:59 pm
Rainfall- 2.00" between 6:30-7:30 pm

Considerable flooding of streets, drainage ditches, holding ponds, streams
and open fields. One building roof collapse. Lot's of stalled and flooded
cars. Failed to heed turn around don't drown rule.

Nearby CoCoRaH's rain gauges measured 5.88" and 6.02" respectively. This
verifies the 4-6" rainfall estimate by your radar for my area. See virus
free attachment.

The thunderstorm formed overhead and rained itself out with very little
movement of the storm for six hours.

This is the single largest rainfall event that I've measured at this
location going back to September 2005.

My May rainfall total is now 5.19", year 10.01"

Take Care,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, US
nz4o at arrl.net
John 3:16 <><

CWOP #AR692/NZ4O
CoCoRaHs #FL-PK-18
NWS Skywarn #POL-10A

Florida & U.S. Raw Weather Forecasting Resource Links:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf13.htm
Lakeland, FL Daily Climatological Weather Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf22.htm
Harmful Man Induced Climate Change (Global Warming) Refuted:
http://www.kn4lf.com/globalwarminglie.htm