Another Arctic Blast?!

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 5 06:27:48 PST 2010

Hi Melissa yep six more weeks of winter and with El Nino it could last even
longer. Another arctic blast is probable beginning some time next week
around the 15th. Will it be a repeat of the first two weeks of January 2010?

Statistically from a standpoint of climatology no! However if I were still
running my weather consulting business I would have already warned all of my
customers in Florida that a repeat is very possible but probably not of the
same duration.

We did have hard freezes in January and February 1996.

I'm not the only Meteorologist calling for it. Check out:

http://www.examiner.com/x-17371-Raleigh-Climate-Examiner~y2010m2d4-Trouble-in-paradise-indicates-a-extended-cold-and-stormy-winter-season?cid=examiner-email

Take Care,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Retired Meteorologist
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at arrl.net

CWOP #AR692/NZ4O
CoCoRaHS #FL-PK-18

Lakeland, FL Daily Climatological Weather Data Archive:
http://www.lakelandfloridaweather.com
Lakeland FL Weather Observations: http://www.wcflunatall.com/index1.html
Florida & U.S. Raw Weather Forecasting Resource Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o13.htm
Harmful Man Induced Climate Change (Global Warming) Refuted:
http://www.globalwarminglie.org