Florida Weather Discussion Returns

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 7 13:27:00 PST 2010

After a three year hiatus I have decided to resurrect my "Florida Weather Discussion". It is accessible at  http://www.floridaweatherdiscussion.com . This is a one time email announcement, as unlike in the past I will not send out an email notice every time that a new weather discussion is produced. You will have to check the web page on a regular basis.

NOTE!!! Standard Disclaimer.
As I officially retired from "for profit" weather forecasting in 2004, I do not expend the $$$ resources necessary for access to in depth raw weather forecasting data nor the time necessary to conduct an in depth daily meteorological synoptic analysis. Therefore my day to day accuracy will be less then in past years, when I had a 48 hour forecast accuracy in the high 90% range and a 120 hour forecast accuracy in the low 90% range. To put it in simple terms my weather forecasting skill is a bit rusty {:<))

This discussion is billed as daily and I generally will publish by 11:00 AM EDT/EST and then again as further updates are necessary. On some days I will not publish anything at all, it will always depend on what's going on with the weather.

Also this discussion looks into the near and mid range time wise and also at times the distant future, as well as discusses a bit of the past. It is not intended to be a resource for in depth daily weather forecasts for every location in Florida. For that consult your local National Weather Service forecast office.

As weather forecasting is still an inexact science, these "not for profit" discussions, forecasts and outlooks are not for use in lieu of official sources, are not for protection of life or property, are for educational purposes only and are subject to human error and acts of God, therefore no guarantee or warranty implied. This discussion herein is my intellectual property and copyrighted © 1988-2010 by Thomas F. Giella, retired Meteorologist, all rights reserved. Reproduction of information herein is allowed without advanced permission as long as proper credit is given.

Take Care,
Thomas F. Giella
Retired Meteorologist
Lakeland, FL, USA