Freeze Warnings

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 4 14:41:45 PST 2010

Hi Don I had 30.9 deg with a 5-8 mph wind all night. My weather station in
Nobleton in Sumter County had 22 deg.

The strawberry growers measure temperature at the one foot level but I guess
that your data gives them an idea of what's going on in the rural areas.

Boy does it look cold for the next eight days with sub freezing minimum
temperatures probable every night except on Friday morning the 8th. Snow
looks possible on or around Saturday the 9th.

It all looks like a carbon copy repeat of January 1977 when the west central
peninsula saw 1-3". January 1977 saw a strong west based El Nino (+1.9) and
we have the exact same setup again.

Happy New year 2010,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, US
nz4o at arrl.net

CWOP #AR692/NZ4O
CoCoRaHs #FL-PK-18
NWS Skywarn #POL-10A

Lakeland FL Weather Observations: http://www.wcflunatall.com/index1.html
Florida & U.S. Raw Weather Forecasting Resource Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o13.htm
Lakeland, FL Daily Climatological Weather Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o22.htm
Harmful Man Induced Climate Change (Global Warming) Refuted:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/globalwarminglie.htm
NZ4O Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm