Snow Still Possible On Saturday January 9th

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 7 11:00:28 PST 2010

Jesse Ferrell of AccuWeather made mention in his weather blog of a possible Florida snow event for Saturday
night at: http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/community/2010/snow107as.jpg and
http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=weathermatrix .

If you check out the latest GFS model meteograms for Tampa http://wxmaps.org/pix/tpagfs.png and Orlando http://wxmaps.org/pix/mcogfs.png some frozen precipitation is still being forecasted on Saturday. NWS Tampa Bay, Melbourne and Miami are also still mentioning the small possibility of some frozen precipitation.

Also we face another significant freeze threat between Sunday the 10th and Tuesday the 12th.

I'm going to be pretty busy with other non weather stuff between Friday the 8th and next Monday the 11th and may not have time to comment on any weather goings on. If anyone does observe snow flakes, sleet/ice pellet, etc. over the weekend please feel free to send me an email at nz4o at tampabay.rr.com .

As we all know it was pretty chilly again this morning with many minimum temperature records falling once again.

Officially Tallahassee AP was the cold spot in the north and state this
morning at 17 deg.

Other notable minimum temperatures across the north-

CWOP KI4ZBO Lake City- 17
CWOP 7748 High Springs- 18
Cross City AP- 18
Perry AP- 18
Crestview AP- 19
Mayo COOP- 19
CWOP 2450 Trenton- 19
Bloxham RAWS- 19
Jacksonville Cecil AP- 19

On the central peninsula Nobleton East and CWOP 1327 Holder had 18 deg.

Other notable minimum temperatures central-

Lake Woodruff Dam COOP- 19
Brooksville AP- 19
Inverness COOP- 20
Mount Plymouth COOP- 20
Ocala AP- 21
CWOP 6582 Lakeland- 21
Scottsmoor COOP- 21
Okahumpka FAWN- 22
CWOP KF4ORW-2 Dade City- 22
CWOP WX4DAN Valrico (Tampa)- 22
Tampa Executive AP-25
Tampa AP- 36 (urban heat island)
Orlando AP-30 (urban heat island)

On the south peninsula MUSE COOP had 26 deg.

Other notable minimum temperatures south-

Palmdale FAWN- 28
Ortona COOP- 29
Brighton COOP- 29
Clewiston COOP- 30
Immokalee FAWN- 31
South Bay COOP- 31
Devils Garden COOP- 32
Miami AP- 44 (urban heat island)

The south peninsula stayed warmer due to the high clouds that I mentioned in my last email.

Happy New year 2010,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, US
nz4o at arrl.net