New Solar Cycle 24 Sunspot Group

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 05:12:33 PST 2010

Posted Friday January 8, 2010 at 1300 UTC at
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm

We now officially have solar cycle 24 sunspot group #11040 located near
N28E59, with a beta magnetic signature capable of producing very small B
class solar flares and an isolated small C class solar flare.

The solar flux index values are 79.2 78.1 76.3 and the sunspot number 15.

Posted Wednesday January 6, 2010 at 1400 UTC

Solar cycle 24 sunspot group #11039 has set around the western limb of the
Sun. Old solar cycle 24 sunspot group #11038 has risen around the eastern
limb of the Sun. At the moment it appears to contain a spot or two but is
difficult to tell for sure at the moment. If so and it survives then
NOAA/SWPC will re-number it #11040.

The solar flux index values are 69.2 76.8 75.1 and the sunspot number 13.

Updated 2300 UTC

NOAA/SWPC says that sunspot group #11038 is a spotless plage but I see one
lone spot and I suspect that it will produce new spots in days to come. SIDC
has assigned it Catania #35.

The solar flux index values are 77.8 77.3 76.1 and the sunspot number 00,
ending an 11 day period with visible sunspots.

73, GUD DX, Happy New Year 2010,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at arrl.net
eList Owner/Moderator
John 3:16 <><

COL LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector:
NZ4O Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data In Graphic & Image Format:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Daily LF/MF/HF/6M Frequency Radiowave Propagation Forecast & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o3.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Raw Forecast Data Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o6.htm
Harmful Man Induced Climate Change (Global Warming) Refuted:
http://www.globalwarminglie.org