Upcoming Polk ARES Events

af1reman aF1RE at arrl.net
Wed Nov 10 15:16:41 PST 2010

Hello Everyone,

Next Thursday the 18th of November we will be having our monthly Polk County ARES meeting at the Emergency Operations Center. The location and a map can be found on our website at www.polkemcomm.org . Click on the "meetings" tab at the top of the page.

The meeting starts at 6pm with the program at 6:30 until 7:30. Paul Womble will be discussing deployment, what you can expect. I will spend a little time on Radio Go Kits. After the program I will take photos for ID badges, the Frequency Focus Group can have a quick meeting, and y'all can socialize. Bring radios and manuals for programming help. We have had a great turnout the last two months and with your help it will continue through the holidays.

With the holidays in mind, Evans, KD4EFM, has organized a Holiday Get Together at the Beef O'brady's in Bartow. We will meet and eat at 6pm on the 3rd of December. You can contact him at kd4efm at polkemcomm.org for any information regarding this event. It will be fun and a great time to socialize.

Our checkins on the ARES net  are increasing. This is our chance to practice and be better operators. You are only as good as you train. Join us each Wednesday at 7:30pm on 146.985 or 444.950. The P.L. tone is 127.3 with standard offsets.

Robin Retzloff  AF1RE

ARES Emergency Coordinator

407-421-8622 cell

863-648-2381 home