[LakelandARC] Florida Repeater Council proposal to make current 2-meter FM radios obsolete

Bill billkodak at verizon.net
Sun Oct 31 06:50:38 PDT 2010

Ren,

I am not an expert on these things. The proposal sounds reasonable. One ham who might be more knowledgeable about this is Chuck, W4CLL. I invited him to breakfast this coming Tuesday, and he plans to attend. I think he would make a good speaker at one of the club meetings.

We had a d-star presentation some time back, and according that that presenter, digital was the future for several reasons including narrow bandwidth and exceptional voice quality. Of course with digital, you only get two choices, outstanding or nothing. :-) Bring the subject up Tuesday. Don Jeerings might be a good go between for you.

Bill