[LakelandARC] LARC Net ( 6-30-11)

george mann gwmann at verizon.net
Fri Jul 1 06:13:12 PDT 2011

Might we ask the club members to determine what they would like to learn?
Net control training would be interesting to quite a few of folks.  Maybe we
could hold a simulated net for those who have never heard the net.  Also a
little National Traffic System training might also be useful.  Some of you
folks who check into Southcars or another service net might want to share
some info about a particular net. New hams might not know that nets are a
major radio activity. Nets of all types are a great learning opportunity.

Now, some of you will wonder why I, who seldom checks in to the net, I am
making this recommendation. I have a conflict on net night. I do think the
net serves an important function by enhancing the brother/sisterhood of the
local ham community.

73 de George KJ4UW

  _____