[LakelandARC] First QSO with someone out of state

Joseph Pirkle ad4ih at arrl.net
Tue Mar 8 04:14:55 PST 2011

Ren!!!

Good on you!  I still remember the first time someone answered my call as a
Novice using a homebrew "807" transmitter and Hallicrafter S-38C receiver.
When I suddenly recognized that he was sending MY call I quickly turned  the
station off  and  went to bed...scared the heck out of me.

Now practice, practice, practice...

What band  were you on?

Joe Pirkle