Fwd: Bike MS: The Citrus Tour Wrap Up Meeting

Evans F Mitchell KD4EFM / WQFK894 kd4efm1 at verizon.net
Fri May 27 22:53:55 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Bike MS: The Citrus Tour Wrap Up Meeting
Date: 	Fri, 27 May 2011 20:58:21 +0000
From: 	Cody Yerian <Cody.Yerian at nmss.org>

Good afternoon all!!!

I cannot believe Bike has already come and gone...it sure came up
quickly and went by just as fast.  I hope you all were able to get some
much deserved relaxation after the ride.  I have been reading the emails
coming in about the event and what our riders thought of it...I only
read the good ones! Just kidding...

Here are some of the comments from Bike MS: 2011:

"WOW, what an amazing weekend.  Thank you for all your support and
dedication to make this Bike MS a special one.

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to share my unique view of the
weekend.  This is my third ride as a cyclist, second as a VIB, first as
a Ride Marshal and first as a SAG.  My team, Team MS: Missy's
Supporters, and I rode the century on Saturday (another first for me!)
through all the rain, thunderstorms, wind, and heat.  The road and rest
stop support was amazing!  As a Ride Marshal, it was a privilege to
assist several of my fellow cyclists by contacting net control for
mechanical support.

On Sunday, as you all know, the weather was sketchy and my team decided
better safe than sorry and not ride the 50.  My wife Missy (who has MS
and the reason for my team name) and I decided to assist as a last
minute extra HAM/SAG vehicle.  What a fantastic and eye-opening
experience.  As a rider, I knew there were SAG, Medical, Shadow and
Motorcycle support but I did not fathom all the coordination that goes
on behind the scene.  Everyone did such a wonderful job. Missy and I are
honored to be a part of the 2011 Bike MS: The Citrus Tour."

"Thank you all!  Riders, fundraisers, volunteers, club members who
trained us up and cheered us on from afar.  I just got off the phone
with my Dad, Denny, who was here last year for the finish.  He was in
awe, once again this year, at our efforts to fight the disease that took
his wife, my Mom, last February.  Congrats to you all.  Thanks to you all!"

"Congratulations on a tremendous event! My team... "Very Attractive
People on a Ride" really loved it and we were all first timers... the
only thing to do to improve it would have been to get rid of that wind
on day 2!"

"I wanted to write you and let you know what a great job you did, yet
again!!
Even through the rain, hail, and possible flying cow, you pulled off
another amazing bike tour!!
Thank you for all your hard work! You helped make my 40th birthday an
amazing birthday that I will never forget!!!
Thanks again for all you do!"

As I read these emails I immediately think of all of you

I hope you guys realize just how big this event is...I'm not talking
about big to the Society, but big to our riders.  I witness the
magnitude of this event every time I speak to our riders...why they
ride, who they ride for, how long they've been riding, how they got
started and what motivates them to continue to ride.  The impact this
event has on our riders was created by YOU.  You all should be very
proud of the event you've helped create and grow, because its success
lies within all of you.   A simple thank you cannot express how
appreciative and grateful I am, and the Society is, to have such a
wonderful committee that has turned into a family...we certainly see
each other enough!haha.   Sincere thanks for all that you do to make
Bike MS such an amazing experience for so many people - cyclists, teams,
other volunteers, families, friends and people living with multiple
sclerosis.

I would like to schedule our Bike MS: The Citrus Tour Wrap up Meeting
for Wednesday, June 8^th at the Outback Steakhouse in Plant City at
6:30pm.  The Outback Steakhouse is located right off of I-4.

Here's the address...

Outback Steakhouse

1203 Townsgate Court
Plant City, FL 33566

*An assortment of appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks will be available
for the meeting.*

**

*Please let me know if you are able to attend so I can reserve the
space!  I'm sure we can fill a room quickly!  I will send out a meeting
request to everyone once I get a better idea of how many are able to
make it.  My cell phone is up and running again so please use
727.422.1258 if you need to reach me outside of 9-5pm.*

*Thanks!!!*

**

*Cody Yerian
**Development Manager*