be careful what you modify or delete

kt2t_radio kt2t at arrl.net
Thu Oct 27 05:27:58 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

While updating the Yahoo group calendar for the December monthly meeting and Christmas party, I noticed that all of the monthly calendar events for the Polk ARES meeting were missing. Then I noticed that all of the weekly events for the LARC 2m Net were gone. I am working right now to recreate as much of what has gone missing as I can recall from memory.

I would ask that you be extra careful if you are modifying events on the calendar, especially recurring events, because any modifications could have ripple effects if not saved properly.

Sadly, there are very sparse controls for this type of activity in the Yahoo group settings, so to allow the convenience to members to create new events also brings the baggage of permitting members to delete events. Further sad is that there is no log to indicate when, why, or who modified and/or deleted events, thus my "Special Notice" to the entire membership.

Thanks for your support.

73,
Mike, KT2T