Important Dates to Consider

patrickboneil at juno.com patrickboneil at juno.com
Wed Feb 8 02:56:44 PST 2012

Good Morning,

This letter is a follow up concerning the request for our participation
in various events in the area
that were discussed during the February meeting.

Saturday, February 25th, 2012

The first event is a request for us to participate in a Disaster
Preparedness Day for the local 912
Project group in Lakeland.  They would like a table to be setup with
information about the use of
ham radio in a disaster.  If you are interested, there website is
http://www.meetup.com/lakeland912/.

Saturday, March 10th, 2012

This event is a request from the Lakeland Police Department for us to
support there open house.  They
need a few individuals from 10am to 2pm.

Saturday, March 17th, 2012

We have been invited to have a display booth at the Heritage Day Festival
in Kathleen.  The event runs
from 9am until 2pm.  Setups can begin on the preceding Friday.

Saturday, March 31st, 2012

Our Club will be having a special event station celebrating the 38th
Annual Fly-In and Expo in Lakeland.
If you have never operated a special event station where people are
trying to contact you, it is definitely
an experience!  We are currently working on a location for this event,
further communications will follow.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012?

Our Club always sponsors and supports the March of Dimes March for
Babies.  This is the event that we
support around Lake Hollingsworth.  There will be more information in
future e-mails.

If you can support any of the above events, please contact me (Patrick)
at ki4cdy at arrl.net.  Once I receive
your e-mail, I will contact you with the complete information.  We need
all of our members to "step up to the
plate" and help us with these events.  We have sponsored all of the above
events in the past.

other upcoming events

This Weekend                          HamCation

February 23rd, 2012               SkyWarn training at the Polk County EOC

April 21st and 22nd, 2012        MS 150

June 23rd and 24th, 2012        FIELD DAY!

Thank you and we will appreciate your help,

Patrick O'Neil
KI4CDY