Please Come to the ARES meeting

Robin Retzloff aF1RE at arrl.net
Sun Mar 25 14:54:23 PDT 2012

All Amateur Radio Operators,

Please come to the ARES meeting this Thursday at the Polk County EOC.
Directions can be found here, www.polkares.org/meetings.htm . The meeting
starts at 6pm.
This month we encourage everyone to bring a radio. Your emergency station,
portable station, or HT. We will help you program your radio. Bring in your
radio manual if you need help.

Our EOC station WC4PEM will be active on HF. Come on in and make a few
contacts. We will operate on voice and digital. We are looking for
operators at the EOC station. If you are a Tech, come and make a few HF
contacts. This your chance to learn how to operate OUR station.

Those who are Net Contol Operators, NCOs, will be meeting for a few
minutes. We need more NCOs. The goal is that in an emergency we will keep
the Net open for 72 hours straight. Many hands make light work and we needs
more hands that are practiced in NCO skills. If you have an interest,
please join this group for a short meeting in a meeting.

I encourage CERT members to attend as we have appointed an new Assistant
Emergency Coordinator, AEC of CERT Operations. All CERT members are
requested to bring CERT members who are interested in radio operation to
this meeting. The CERT members will be meeting with the new AEC for a short
meeting in a meeting.

If you are interested in joining a group of Amateur Radio Operators that
are actively preparing to assist our community in times of emergency,
PLEASE JOIN US. We can use your help. 73
--
Robin Retzloff    AF1RE
Polk County ARES Emergency Coordinator