Can you be of help?

Bill billkodak at verizon.net
Fri Dec 13 01:59:05 PST 2013

I recently received this request for help. Cecil is not aham, but did
speak at one of our meetings. If you think you can help him, youcan
email him at cberdly at juno.com cberdly at juno.com <mailto:cberdly at juno.com>

We usually think of service more in terms of the heroic, rather than the
mundane. But service is still service. If you can help, drop Cecil an
email or if you wish give him a call at 682-5976.

Bill KI4ZMV

Bill
Recently one of our old CRT televisions died and we replaced it with new
flat screen. We had cable, and then satellite, until we discovered how
many channels were available free using rabbit ear antennas for our two
televisions.

Both televisions require(d) a converter box, and I was looking forward
to getting rid of the converter box that was attached to the dead TV.
However, I discovered that the sensitivity of the converter box is
better than that of the new TV. I did a channel scan. I was surprised
that several channels were missing. So presently I have the converter
box attached to the new TV. I am thinking of buying a new indoor antenna
that comes with a signal amplifier, probably something like the Winegard
Flat Wave antenna. I am presently using a simple (not amplified) RCA
rabbit ear antenna with a UHF loop shaped like a circle.
If the amplified indoor antenna does not work, I will consider a bigger
antenna in the attic or mounted outdoors. Any antenna will be cheaper
than cable or satellite.

If I do decide to install an outdoor antenna, I would like to hire
someone who knows what he is doing, and that made me think of you. Do
you know anyone who would do a good job? Also, do you have any thoughts
about or experience with indoor antennas that would be helpful?

Cecil