[LakelandARC] Re: external monitor for yaesu ft-897d

George Gafford Sr ki4nbe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 12:34:16 PDT 2013

Thanks Tom, I thought it might of been nice to had one if it was able to support it. I'm OK with the way the radio is or would not had bought it.
I was really trying to save another Ham from selling his that is 6 weeks old for only the fact he doesn't like the small display screen on it.
I for one am not selling mind. I like mind too much and I now use it as a back up for HF but is now my main VHF/UHF rig here in the shack.
I did use it once in the mobile back in May on the road trip to Charlotte, NC and then on to Dayton,OH.
I was able to reach at anytime day or night back to Joy here in Auburndale. So the set up mobile worked great.
Now my FT-950 has a little brother (haha).
Only reason I didn't leave it in the mobile is really 2 reason. 1 it's still under warranty and 2 I had my 706mkIIg fixed ( Bad Relay on the PA) and returning that one back to mobile use as the 706mkIIg has the remote head.
Anyway thanks for your respond and reply.
73 George KI4NBE