Use this Field Day invitation

George Mann gwmann at verizon.net
Thu Jun 13 07:18:50 PDT 2013

Fellow Operators, below is a letter and an attachment that you may want to
cut and paste or attach to a new email to send to fellow hams or folks who
might want to become an Amateur Radio operator.

If you wish take out my name and add your contact information when sending
this to someone else. This might be a great way to kick off our upcoming
"Bring a Friend Night" at the club night. If you know a Boy Scout group,
this would be a great letter to send to the scout master.  73 de George
KJ4UW

Satellite FD.jpg <http://www.lakelandarc.org/>
http://www.lakelandarc.org/images/larc_Y_logo_small.pngIMG_0969.JPG

Members assembling a satellite antenna
A Junior operator assisting

Hurricanes - Wild Fire - Floods!

As a communicator we shoulder the large responsibility of informing the
citizens of Polk County; the Lakeland Amateur Radio Club invites you and/or
a friend to visit our Field Day site the weekend of June 22-23, 2013. We
will be conducting a nationwide emergency communications drill.

The exercise will be held at Hunt Fountain Complex, 2020 Duff Road at Green
Rd, in North Lakeland from 2 PM Saturday until 2 PM Sunday. We would be most
honored if you or a staff member could find the time to visit the site.
(What is Field Day
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2013/2013%20FD%20Flier.pdf)

The club will be demonstrating our skill under field conditions; including a
solar powered station.  As you already know, Amateur Radio is a vital link
in the nations and local governments' volunteer communications system.
During past hurricanes, fires and emergencies, amateurs have demonstrated
their ability to communicate when other systems are over burdened.  More
than 35,000 amateur radio communicators participate in this drill every
year; all volunteers.

If you are unable to visit our site a PSA would be appreciated.

Who:     Lakeland Amateur Radio Club

What:    Field Day - A national emergency preparedness drill conducted by
volunteer "ham radio" operators

Why:     Amateur radio is the original major back-up disaster communications
service

When: 2 PM June 22 until June 23 (all night too!)

Where: Hunt Fountain Complex, 2020 Duff Road at Green Rd, in North Lakeland

Respectfully,

George Mann KJ4UW

Volunteer - Field Day Committee

Lakeland Amateur Radio Club