Amateur Radio Volunteer Opportunity

Robin Retzloff aF1RE at arrl.net
Sun Mar 3 10:00:18 PST 2013

The American Diabetes Tour de Cure Bike Ride will go through Northeast Polk
County and is an opportunity to assist with a good cause. John Knott,
N4JTK, is the ARES EC for Orange County. I have forwarded his request for
help. You can contact him to find where and how you can assist with this
event. Thanks.

--
Robin Retzloff    AF1RE
Polk County ARES Emergency Coordinator

American Diabetes Tour de Cure Bike Ride is March 17, 2013. The start
finish line is in front of the UCF School of Medicine in Lake Nona. This is
just southeast of the Orlando International Airport.

There are 5 routes. 10, 25, 50, 70, 101 miles. The 101 miler route furthest
point is near Haines City. Much of the Southwestern route is the same or
similar as the MS150.

 WE STILL NEED HELP!!!

 I need SAG Vehicles, Rovers, at least 2 Bike Repair operators and 1 supply
truck operators. I will still take rest stop operators:

 SAG: An operator with a vehicle that can carry at least one rider and
their bicycle. A SUV, P/U, or Van is ideal.

Rover: An operator who cannot SAG a rider can still be a Rover and report
back road hazards and complete assignments.

Supply truck and Bike repair truck operators: Has a portable set up and is
willing to be a passenger in the same vehicle for the entire day.

Rest Stops: Report back to Command all required information.

 If interested send an email ASAP to John Knott at N4JTK at arrl.net.

 Route maps are attached.

 Thanks

  *John Knott, N4JTK*