Upcoming Events Information

Patrick B O'Neil patrickboneil at juno.com
Tue Oct 29 01:51:07 PDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

I need to inform you on a few upcoming scheduled events that
you may be unaware of.  The following will also be discussed
at the LARC Meeting on Monday (November 4th, 2013).

This Monday, we will be electing our new Officers and Board
Members for 2014.

Also on Monday, we will be collecting food for Volunteers in
Service to the Elderly (Viste).  This is a group that we have
supported for many years.  Since we are at the end of the year,
our donations are very important for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Please help our community support Viste by bringing canned goods
to our meeting on Monday.  I know many individuals might think
that I "harp" about this, but I believe that it is important for us to
give to our community, especially the seniors.

Ernie Haynes, KG4YNI, will be collecting for our Christmas Party
on Monday also.  Our Christmas Party will be on Monday, December
2nd, 2013 at 6pm.  Jimbo's BBQ will be catering the event for us.
The cost is nine dollars per person and payable to Ernie, CASH ONLY.
We do request that everyone brings a salad or DESERT to share.  The
menu will have the stand fare:  BBQ chicken, pulled pork sandwich, hush
puppies, beans, and slaw.  Iced tea and coffee will be provided.  If you
plan
to attend, please make sure that you give Ernie your money at the meeting
on
Monday, November 4th, or at the PICNIC!

We will be having a Fall Picnic on Saturday, November 9th, 2013 at Lake
Parker Park in Lakeland, from dawn until 2pm.  We will be "playing" ham
radio with fox hunting, HF DX, and an APRS demo.  The Club will be
providing
the hamburgers, hot dogs, and condiments.  We ask you to bring a covered
dish
to share and your own drinks.

Another event will take place on Saturday, December 14th, 2013.  The Polk
County
Emergency Management will be sponsoring a Christmas Party for all local
amateur radio operators and a guest.  Please see the information below.

All licensed Amateur Radio operators are invited - they do not need to be
a member of Polk ARES.

Christmas Party:
       When:     December 14th
       Where:    Polk County Emergency Operation Center
                     1890 Jim Keene Boulevard
                     Winter Haven, Fl
                     (off of Winter Lake Road (County Road 540))

               Doors open 1500 hours
               Dinner 1700 hours or so
       Menu:   Combination of Lasagna, Stuffed Peppers, Chicken Cordon
Blue, and Beef Stew.
                   Emergency Management is graciously providing
everything  except drinks. Bring your own Soda, Tea, etc. No Alcohol
please.
                   (Containers and cups must seal)

      There will be door prizes and giveaways

      Who is invited: Any licensed amateur in Polk County and one guest.

RSVP as soon as possible, but no later than December 9th to Mike Green,
AG4LT at outlook.com

This will be a great event that I hope will be attended by many from our
Club!

As always, please contact me if you have any questions.

See you on Monday,

Patrick O'Neil, KI4CDY
President
Lakeland Amateur Radio Club