September LARC Meeting

larc2 at evanszone.com larc2 at evanszone.com
Thu Aug 28 12:20:48 PDT 2014

As you may already know, there will be a presentation at the September LARC on Digital Multimeters. Meter Accuracy and Resolution will be among the topics discussed. After the presentation, there will be an opportunity, for those that bring their multimeters to the meeting, to test your meter for accuracy. There will be 8 precision DC voltage references and 2 precision resistance references available, so that you can see if your multimeter still meets its accuracy specifications in these areas.

 If you plan on bringing your multimeter to the meeting, please try to bring the manual for it (if you still have it) so that you will be able to see if your meter is still within its specifications. Additionally, or instead of bringing the manual, if you email me the manufacturer and model number of your meter before Monday, I will try to lookup the specifications and have a sheet printed up for your multimeter indicating the reference that was measured, the readings provided by your multimeter, the variance from the reference, and an indication if it is still within specification.

 73,
 Tom Evans
 KJ4WFS