[LakelandARC] WX4AMS test on the repeater

Bill billkodak at verizon.net
Wed Dec 3 02:06:11 PST 2014

Got your call, but it was too late. Things were a bit hectic last evening.

I am still trying to make sense out of the repeater project.
  1.. That hum is not related to the wallwart. It is still there after I replaced it with batteries.
  2.. I discovered another oddity. If I transmit near the recording radio using another HT,  my voice gets blanked out. However, if I move to another room, my voice gets recorded.
  3.. I measure the hum at 125 HZ. This is probably measurement error, with the real frequency being 120 Hz.

See below, Audacity output. Period is 8 milliseconds.