2015 and lots will be happening

N4ESS n4ess at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 1 08:27:35 PST 2015

Happy New Year to all,

The new year has arrived.  I hope everyone has gotten outside today and
started a ham radio project.  Repair an antenna, build a new one, hunt for
that rare piece of DX or just get on the club repeater and talk until you
time it out.  KE4UNO, John, is almost always there to return a call and let
you check out the new radio you received for Christmas.  Myself, I owe a
trip to Glenn Culler's house for an antenna project very soon.  Roy, I
haven't forgot you either.  The stub will come down.

Do you know anyone that is interested in Cube Sat projects?  If so you may
want to pass along the new NASA challenge that could be worth millions for
some amateur designer.  Follow the link to the page that explains it all
http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/november/nasa-opens-cube-quest-challenge-for-
largest-ever-prize-of-5-million-0/

Monday is the monthly club meeting and I look forward to hearing the Victory
Ship presentation.  There will be a couple of people testing before the
meeting and that is exciting.

The February meeting will be on Weak Signal communications with the
presentation being made by Buddy Morgan, WB4OMG.  If you have ever been
privileged to hear one of his presentations then you will not want to miss
this one.

Remember to see Bob Foxworth with your 2015 dues.  Please remember to sign
in on the roster at each meeting.  Numbers count and we count numbers.  It
helps in planning and gives us a historical value for future planning as we
grow so do our needs.

Have a great day and Happy New Year,

Rich - N4ESS