FW: [TARC] Jota Weekend

N4ESS n4ess at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 14 18:06:19 PDT 2015

From: Jon Rubin [mailto:kj4nyd at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 20:17
To: tarc at hamclub.org; bars at danmc.org
Subject: [TARC] Jota Weekend

Good evening everyone.  This weekend is the annual boy scout jamboree on the air.  I plan on being at the Hillsborough County EOC from 9am to 3pm on Saturday.  From what I’ve been told, some of the kids are working on emergency preparedness merit badges as well as radio merit badges and talking with somebody at an EOC may help them with both.  Is anybody willing/able to help for at least part of that time?  All licensed amateurs are welcome. If I can get a couple of people and conditions are right, maybe we can talk to scouts on both VHF and HF.

Jon Rubin

KJ4NYD at Gmail.com

Hillsborough County ARES/RACES

--
Clubhouse open every Monday evening at 7:30 PM
General membership meeting on the first Monday of the month