It's World Amateur Radio Day!

N4ESS n4ess at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 06:17:49 PDT 2016

Every April 18, hams around the globe observe World Amateur Radio Day.

The below listed link is the ARRL announcement.  Please take the time to do
at least one ham radio related thing today.  Get on the radio, call a fellow
ham, or better yet tell someone you think might be interested about ham
radio.  Our community is beginning to grow and we need to support local and
international relationships in ham radio to secure our continued use of the
frequencies that would be stripped from us by greedy sectors of our
government.  Be proud of your HAM RADIO heritage and take some time to show
it.

ARRL Announcement:  http://www.arrl.org/news/it-s-world-amateur-radio-day

Thank you all for the support that you give to the Lakeland Amateur Radio
Club, LARC.  Your past and continued support of LARC is why we are
continuing to grow.  Many clubs have failed to grow because of a lack of
participation.  Look around at our meetings and you will see new faces that
are here because of all of you.  The friendly atmosphere, a willingness to
extend the hand of friendship, and taking the time to assist those in need
in our community is why we continue to thrive and grow.

Happy World Amateur Radio Day,

Rich Kennedy - N4ESS

President

Lakeland Amateur Radio Club