[LakelandARC] 10m local test tonight

Matthew Stevens matthew at mrstevens.net
Sat Aug 6 12:59:43 PDT 2016

Thanks to everyone for getting on the air last night! We had some pretty good results, everyone was able to hear each other reasonably well, with the exception of KK4ITX and N4ESS in Zephyrhills. The skip distance was just wrong for them I think.

Bryan KM4SJS, Jim KG4PWF, George KI4NBE, Kevin N4KWR, Eric W4EMT, Lee N4HES and myself, KK4FEM all participated. Short distances helped a lot, from central Polk here in Auburndale I could hear everyone pretty well, the weakest being W4EMT. Bryan (4 miles from me), Lee (15 miles with 350 watts and a beam) and obviously George (1/2 mile from me) were the loudest. Kevin N4KWR gave us a good demonstration operating mobile. He started in Auburndale with a Hamstick on his truck and drove to Polk City, getting weaker with distance.