mystery sounds, and comments

billkodak at verizon.net billkodak at verizon.net
Wed Mar 2 06:39:03 PST 2016

 OK,

 Now that all of you know I can’t read, I should explain why the sound clip and why the comment.

 Sparks, KM4BAP, is the proud owner of a new SDR-USB dongle. He asked me to take a look at it. My problem is a weakness for problems. :-) It turns out that with this device, like many other devices you get from China, the instructions leave a lot to be desired. In this case they were either out of date, or incorrect. The solution was less a matter of brilliance, and more a matter of “even a blind hog finds an acorn from time to time.”  If you played the sound clip, you know it works, and fairly well.

 I attempted to attach a picture. If it doesn't play it can be found on either of the links below. In case you are wondering, the unit is the size of a pack of cigarettes. It comes with an antenna, which is useless. The sound clip sent previously was generated from his radio using a 20-meter dipole. The unit cost around $50. For more information you can visit

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131452779473?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82 http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131452779473?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

 Or

 http://www.radioddity.com/skin/frontend/default/lanting/download/28-020-780%20RTL.SDR%20Manuals.pdf http://www.radioddity.com/skin/frontend/default/lanting/download/28-020-780%20RTL.SDR%20Manuals.pdf

 I hope this eliminates any confusion. I am in full possession of my faculties, just a little careless. I think. :-)

 Bill