40th Anniversary Special Event

Matthew Stevens matthew at mrstevens.net
Sat Mar 19 09:58:34 PDT 2016

Well, the logs are all processed and uploaded to LOTW. We wound up with 141
contacts on 20m and 40m, and lots of well wishes from people who were happy
to hear about a club that's been around 40 years! Thanks to George Gafford
KI4NBE for all his hard work, he stayed on till 4am Friday morning,
fighting S5-S8 noise levels and "tuner uppers" to pull in 41 contacts on
40m.

Rich N4ESS and Peggy N4PEG  got on after lunch, and tried for 15 and 20m,
but the bands were miserable - no luck.

Andrew WX4AMS and I worked 100 stations from our QTH, mostly on 20m. The
conditions were far from ideal, but there were enough other stations on
keep us busy. We made a few club-to-club contacts, and even one HK station
in Columbia.

A special thanks to John KK4ITX. He stuck with it all morning on 20m,
calling CQ through AWFUL band conditions with no takers. He's a lot more
patient than I am... Glad that the bands improved later on for the evening
ops!

More details to come at the April meeting!

- Matthew KK4FEM