FW: [NAQCC-News] WPA Chapter N3A Parkpedition

N4ESS n4ess at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 9 09:41:18 PDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: NAQCC-News [mailto:naqcc-news-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
NAQCC
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2016 12:08
To: NAQCC Mail List
Subject: [NAQCC-News] WPA Chapter N3A Parkpedition

DO NOT REPLY to this message. Your reply will not be read.

Every year on Columbus Day (10/10/2016 this year) which falls during our
NAQCC Anniversary Week, the WPA Chapter activates N3A from the Kittanning
Community Park. This year we will do it again.

We'll have K3WWP, KC2EGL, and WB3FAE and probably three useable bands - 40,
30, and 20. So we'll have one op stick with the same band the whole time.

We'll start setting up between 1400 and 1430Z and will start operating at
1500Z (or earlier if we have a fast easy setup). Depending on activity and
the weather, we'll try to continue until 2000Z. If activity dies down and/or
it gets too cold, we will shut down earlier. So if you want to work us,
better try early in the period just in case.

Frequencies will be 7041, 10117, 14061 +/- QRM. There usually is QRM,
intentional or just careless, so don't limit yourself to listening on just
one frequency but tune around a bit. With three ops and three bands, we
should maintain pretty much continuous operations on all three bands.

Please keep QSOs short to allow as many folks as possible to work us.

See the NAQCC web site for QSL/Certificate information. Do not contact any
of our three ops about such matters.

Watch the email list for any changes or updates.

* John K3WWP - 100% CW / QRP - Proudly promoting Morse Code:
*
* On the air with my KX3 #2325, K2 #6418, KX-1 #02101
*
* With my CW-QRP site - http://home.windstream.net/johnshan/
*
* As retired NAQCC VP - # 0002 FC # 1 - http://naqcc.info/