[LakelandARC] Re: amateur station shall not exceed 50 watts in Florida

Harmon Morgan wb4omg at frontier.com
Sun Jan 8 10:41:55 PST 2017

Getting an exemption, here in Central Florida is tough. N9HF, over in Daytona got an exemption for EME. I think 15 degrees was specified on his exemption. But, it is not automatic - you have to apply for the exemption. The further away you are from Kennedy Space Center, the easier the exemption is to obtain. It is 50 watts into the antenna. So, you can allow for feed line loss. I run about 75 watts into the heliax and get about 40 into the antenna. I have never applied for an exemption. I seem to do about as well as the guys running 500 watts, anyway

Buddy WB4OMG