[LARC-CQ] Rex Mott KV1WE has become a silent key

Lakeland Radio lakelandarc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 00:24:25 PDT 2018

 Hello Bill

I am a new member of LARC but I think that I might have met you when I took
the Technician and General test several months ago. My wife and I are
snowbirds from Pennsylvania. We live at Cypress Lakes for part of the year.

I wanted to let everyone know that Rex Mott KC1WE, from Cypress Lakes
passed away on August 14.  He lost his battle with cancer shortly after
being diagnosed about a month or so back.   I did not know him for long but
we became good friends shortly after I moved to Lakeland in 2016.   Not
only was he a friend he was a mentor who encouraged me to get into amateur
radio close to 60 years after I lost interest during my squandered youth!
He was a fantastic Elmer and teacher.Rex and I spent many afternoons
working on some of his projects which included restoration of an old
Kenwood HF transceiver.

I spoke with his wife Maggie last night and she is having a memorial
service for him at Cypress Lakes in the near future. Depending on the
date,  I don't know if I will be able to make the trip down from PA, but I
am sure that there are some folks at LARC that would want to participate.
 I will let you know when this will take place as soon as the arrangements
are made.

Best regards,

Bob Baltos

W3ERP  (formerly KC3KST)